Flashcards in URE Deck (100):
1. To find a block by block explanation of how to document the AF TO FORM 350, you would use?
TO 00-20-2 Aerospace Equipment
2. Block 1 - 14 of the 350 TAG are completed by?
3. When is periodic equipment lubrication completed?
During Scheduled Inspection
4. What section of the AFTO Form 244 do you use to document equipment discrepancies?
5. When documenting equipment discrepancies, what does RED X denote on an AFTO Form 244, Industrial support equipment Record?
6. To denote an unsatisfactory, but usable condition Which symbol AFTO Form 244 will you use?
7. To sign an entry on most AC Forms, what is the minimum signature that you would give?
First name initial
Complete Last Name,
8. A symbol entered oon an AC maintenance form reflects the opinion of the?
Individual making the entry
9. If a discrepancy is carried forward to the new AFTO 781A, WHO enters the PAGE number, ITEM number,DATE of the new form, and signs in the TRANSFERRED BY block?
10. What AFTO is titled AEROSPACE VEHICLE INSPECTION ENGINE DATA, CALENDAR INSPECTION AND DELAYED DOCUMENT?
11. Who is authorized to sign the EXCEPTIONAL RELEASE block of the AFTO 781H?
12. Which is NOT one of the five major types of TO authorized for use in the AF?
a. Operations and methods TO
b. Time compliance TO
c. Abbreviated TO
d. Index Type TO
Operations and Methods TO
13. Which TO category includes the inspection work card and checklist?
14. Which type of time compliance TO is signified by a series of Red X's printed around the border of the first page?
15. What type of TO does the number 1F-16C-06 represent?
WORK UNIT CODE MANUAL
16. In what part of the ILLUSTRATED PARTS BREAKDOWN (IPB) would you look if you wanted to find a list of equipment broken down into major assemblies and subassemblies?
GROUP ASSEMBLY PARTS LIST
17. A revision to a publication is normally issued when the changes exceed at least what percentage of the basic TO?
18. What stabilized an AC along the LONGITUDINAL AXIS?
19. What reduces sway or yaw about the VERTICAL AXIS?
20. When the cockpit control is moved to the high, then
The RIGHT AILERON goes UP,
and LEFT AILERON goes DOWN
21. Which of thee is an auxiliary flight control?
22. When performing a visual inspection on nicked plastic assemblies, what are you looking for?
White Powdered Glass is often seen in a chipped area
23. When inspecting for distortions besides excellent lighting what else do you use?
A GRID with HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL LINES
24. When clarifying damage to a composite, a PUNCTURE of a fiberglass panel that extends through ONE facing is which classification?
When preparing a Cut out for an "open area" you should remove all damage and?
RELIEVE STRESS CONCENTRATION
26. One way to PREVENT substructure damage when making a skin cutout is to?
USE SCRAP METAL in between the skin and substructural member
27. You must consider the location of any existing fasteners near a damage area when determining the?
Overall size of the cutout
28. What size drill bit would you use to stop drill a crack in a .032 inch skin?
29. An angle drill is used to remove damage when?
the damage is in a limited space
30. Rivet spacing refers to the?
Distance between the centers of the neighboring rivets in the same row
31. Before you develop a rivet layout for a circular flush repair, you must first establish the?
CENTER POINT of the cutout area
32. When fabricating a filler plate for flush skin repair in an open area, you determine the overall dimensions of the filler by?
Using the cutout area as a template
33. In which situation is a fastener LAYOUT MORE THAN LIKELY done on the PATCH instead of the Repair part?
BLIND area with NO existing fasteners
34. The KEY measurements for fabrication a FILLER ANGLE for a stringer splice repair are the?
WIDTH of flanges and BEND RADII
35. The fastener holes for the repair parts used in a COMBINATION REPAIR are drilled to the required diameters
BEFORE you make the installation
36. What PERCENTAGE of the diameter of the hole being cold worked shall be MINIMUM thickness of sheet or stack-up be?
37. What is a PRIMER and when is it applied?
Is a CORROSION PREVENTIVE; Applied BEFORE the installation
38. BEFORE applying an aerodynamic smoothing compound to repair seams,
CLEAN the area with an approved solvent
39. The method you use to remove excess aerodynamic smoothing compound from seams DEPENDS on the?
HARDNESS of the compound surface
40. What type of seal is produced by SANDWICHING sealant BETWEEN mating surfaces?
41. When preparing to mix a two part sealant, you mix in accordance with
42. When the TO calls for PERMANENT of seal between two parts, you install?
FAYING SURFACE SEAL
43. To clean up dirt and grease from a surface to be sealed, you use?
AN APPROVED SOLVENT CLEANER
44. Sealants that have a LONG work-life normally have?
A LONG CURE TIME
45. What do you use to fabricate a sealant removal tool?
46. An atom that has gain or lost electrons and has acquired an electrical charge is called?
47. Corrosion in an electrochemical cell always STARTS at the?
Surface of the metal
48. What is the rate of corrosion when the ANODE IS SMALLER?
RAPID and SEVERE
49. Metals such as STAINLESS STEEL and TITANIUM that corrode SLOWLY are referred to as?
Some metals have the ability to become electrochemically INACTIVE OR PASSIVE under certain conditions because of the formation of?
51. On a polished surface, UNIFORM SURFACE CORROSION is first seen as?
A general DULLING of the surface
52. PITTING CORROSION of ALUMINUM or MAGNESIUM is first noticed as?
WHITE POWDERY DEPOSITS
53. When performing a corrosion inspection, which tool would you use to dislodge blisters or bubbles?
54. Which formula would you use to determine maximum corrosion pit depth when using a depth gauge?
55. When inspecting exhaust paths for corrosion, what areas should be inspected because they cannot be reached with normal cleaning?
SEAMS ANF FAIRINGS
56. What is the FIRST STEP in a general corrosion inspection?
ENSURE the area has been throughly CLEANED
57. Corrosion that appears as blistering, exfoliation, and scaling or flaking is classified as?
58. Prior to corrosion removal, what must be determined?
Allowable damage removal limits
59. Material compatibility refers to using a medium that will?
NOT cause additional corrosion
60. Which motion should you use when removing corrosion with a wire brush?
61. When removing corrosion with a pneumatic sander, how do you keep the sander from digging into the metal?
Start the sander before it touches the metal
62. After all visible corrosion is removed, how many additional mils should be removed?
2 (.0020) In
63. What is the last step in the general corrosion removal process?
Treat the surface and apply protective coatings
64. The paint edges around the chemically stripped areas are feathered in order to
Ensure a smooth, overlapping transition between the old and the new paint surfaces
65. The TWO categories that CORROSION PREVENTIVE compounds are separated into include
Water displacing and non-water displacing
66. Low viscosity corrosion preventive compounds are best suited for?
67. Which is not a reason for immediate cleaning
Poor aerodynamic smoothness
68. When would an aircraft that took off four times over salt water require a clear water rinse?
AFTER the last flight of the day
69. What condition do you consider when you are choosing a cleaning method?
SIZE of the AREA
TYPE of SOIL
70. Standards for paint such as color, drying time and adhesion are stipulated by?
71. Solid waste can be any material that is essentially waste-like, abandoned or?
72. At a minimum, Material Safety Data Sheets MSDS, are available to?
73. The four characteristics of hazardous waste are ignitability, corrosivity, reactivity, and?
74. An individual item of supply that has a definite NON-EXTENDIBLE period of shelf-life is considered TYPE?
75. An individual item of supply that has an EXTENDABLE shelf-life is considered TYPE
76. 90 Day accumulation sites for hazardous waste containers should be able to contain the volume of?
The Largest container
Or 10% Volume of All containers
77. How often should Hazardous Waste containers should be inspected for release problems?
78. What percentage of low observable coatings must be Classified or Unclassified prior to disposal?
79. The type of chemical remover to be used depends on?
The type of organic finish system to be removed
80. When do you mix chemical paint remover?
Immediately before use
81. What special requirements must be met when mechanically removing coatings on Steel and Titanium?
The part must be Grounded and
Well ventilated area
82. When using the plastic media blasting PMB cabinet blaster, when do you check the media level?
PRIOR TO USE
83. What is the first step when preparing a part for blasting in the plastic media blasting booth?
Throughly clean the substrate
84. The purpose of adding PIGMENT to paint is to develop
85. After checking the shelf life of your coating material you should?
Allow the material to reach room temperature
86. What will happen if two component materials are not thoroughly mixed with each other and in the exact specified proportions?
Curing and Adhesion problems
87. When using a #2 Zahn cup, how is the viscosity expressed?
Seconds through the cup
88. What type of spray gun is made with an external airtight container?
89. The distance that you hold the spray gun nozzle from the surface depends upon the?
Desired WIDTH of the spray pattern and
TYPE of gun
90. When using parallel strokes with a spray gun, the spray pattern should?
Overlap 50% of the previous stroke
91. When should you dismantle a spray gun?
If a proper spray pattern cannot be produced
92. What effect does LOW HUMIDITY have on moisture curing coatings?
It SLOWS the cure process
93. What is the coarsest grit of abrasive paper that should be used to scuff-sand an already coated AC?
94. When painting, what must you do just prior to primer or top coating?
Perform a Solvent Wipe Down
95. What is the MINIMUM NUMBER OF READINGS you need to take when using a wet film gauge to measure coating thicknesses?
96. What is the most common cause of COATING FAILURE?
Inadequate surface preparation
97. The probable cause of protective coating spray pattern with a split spray is?
AIR and FLUID feeds not properly BALANCED
98. What is a common cause of streaking when spray painting?
DIRTY AIR CAP
99. On fixed wing AC, the National star insignia is located?
Upper left and Lower right of WINGS
BOTH SIDES of the FUSELAGE