Flashcards in WEATHER AND CLIMETE Deck (14):
Climate is the overall pattern of weather, usually based on an avarege over 30 yrs
weather is the day to day changes in the atmosphere, during the day
Types of climate
Polar, arid, temperate, Mediterranean, mountains, tropical.
Water turns into water vapour
Water vapour cools down and turns into water droplets
Water droplets join together and when heavy enough they fall into the ground
1) sun heats the ground
2) the hot land heats the air and it rises
3) rising air cools and condenses to form clouds wich build up and it rains
1) warm moist air is being blown from the sea.
2) air is forced up higher land.
3) as air rises it cools and starts to condense to form clouds.
1) As the warm air meets colder air it rises over it.
2) cooling and condensing to form clouds and rain.
Brings settled weather, clear skies, calm conditions, etc
Low pressure brings, wind, clouds and rain
It's to show how the temp. and precipitations vary through the yr of a particular place
7 factors that affect climate
Latitude, altitude, ocean currents, distance from the coast, win direction, shelter, how built up a place is. Look in exam book.