With nearly 2,000 flashcards, this adaptive GRE Vocabulary list will prepare you for the Verbal Reasoning & Analytical Writing sections faster than you ever thought possible. The best spaced repetition app on the market!
With Brainscape's scientifically-optimized learning platform, you can quickly absorb all of the most challenging GRE Vocabulary words and 300+ English "word elements". Nine decks and 850 words later, these flashcards will hone your eloquence and articulation to such a razor’s edge, you’ll make Jane Austin’s compositions read like nursery rhymes! (And it's FREE to start!)
About Brainscape's GRE vocabulary practice
Effective communication is the portal through which we achieve great personal and professional success in life. And fundamental to good communication is a strong command of language. So, whether you are looking to swell your vocabulary with deliciously labyrinthine words or ace the GRE Vocabulary exam (or both), Brainscape’s adaptive flashcards are the best possible tools for the job.
Brainscape’s GRE vocabulary flashcards are designed in accordance with key cognitive learning principles to help you master the building blocks of English with prodigious efficiency and convenience. Instantly accessible via the Brainscape web or mobile app, you can transform any humble snatch of idle time into a profitable study session, learning scores of new words every day, while also constantly refreshing the words you learned the previous days and weeks.
You can also use Brainscape to make flashcards for the vocabulary you come across during your conversations with articulate people, or the next time you attempt a tome-like Ulysses (Lord knows, you’ll need all the help you can get)!
Brainscape’s flashcards app helps you learn faster
The brain is hardwired to learn and remember information a certain way. The Brainscape™ flashcard app was born out of the question: what if we leveraged this hardwiring to help students learn more efficiently? Fueled by curiosity, our team of cognitive scientists from Columbia and Yale spent years developing a scientifically optimized learning platform to boost your learning.
Our "secret sauce" is a learning algorithm that delivers information to your brain in a way that optimizes its ability to retain that information. And it’s the spaced repetition of vocabulary at precisely the right interval for YOUR brain that makes Brainscape so effective for learning and remembering new words.
Brainscape GRE vocabulary practice:
- Consists of 9 decks of 1,700 cards (in total), which drill 850 words using two formats: definition recall and a second (reversed) word recall format.
- As well as 1 final deck of 300+ word elements that will help you decipher more words beyond those herein.
- Can raise your score with great content developed by top folks from Princeton Review & Kaplan.
- Allows you to focus on 850 tough words tested frequently on the GRE like"simper,""cozen,""succor,""distrait," and"protean".
- Employs the latest cognitive science techniques to help you practice your GRE words much more effectively than any vocab game.
- Cements the new vocabulary in your brain using sample sentences, synonyms, pronunciation guidance, and reverse cards, in addition to clear definitions.
- Builds your more general language skills with hundreds of word elements (prefixes, suffixes, and roots).
So go boost your GRE score while mastering some great words to make you look erudite as heck during your next soirée.
GRE® is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which neither sponsors nor endorses this product.