Whether you’re schooling up on the brain in order to pass a biology exam, prepare for med school, or just learn about what makes you tick (physiologically speaking), you’ll find the most important brain facts and terminology right here, in Brainscape’s flashcard collection for the human brain.
From anatomy to pleasure and pain, learn about the human brain
The brain is the CPU of your body—it regulates our body, our thoughts, and our feelings—and yet the average human knows staggeringly little about how it works. Yes, the brain is a complex and often mysterious organ...but you can unravel the fascinating science behind this essential organ with Brainscape’s flashcards for the human brain.
Explore 12 decks totalling 400 flashcards on topics that range from brain anatomy basics, neurotransmitters, mental disorders, and memory and learning to the nervous system, language, pleasure and pain, and emotions (and more). This flashcard resource will equip you with a solid understanding of the human brain and how it works to create and regulate everything that you are!
How Brainscape helps you learn faster and remember for longer
The brain is hardwired to learn and remember information a certain way. The Brainscape™ flashcard app was born out of the question: what if we leveraged this hardwiring to help students learn more efficiently? Fueled by curiosity, our team of cognitive scientists from Columbia and Yale spent years developing a scientifically optimized learning platform to boost your learning.
Our "secret sauce" is a learning algorithm that delivers information to your brain in a way that optimizes its ability to retain that information. And it’s the spaced repetition of human brain content at precisely the right interval for YOUR brain that makes Brainscape so effective for remembering the facts.
With Brainscape’s Human Brain course, you get:
- +400 Cards across 12 decks that are stock full of essential brain facts.
- Easy access to study online or in Brainscape's mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- A spaced repetition learning system customized to your pace of learning.
- Bookmark tools to make it easy to quiz yourself and your classmates.
- Lots of scores, analytics, and progress metrics so you can easily track your studies and build good study habits.
- Social features and leaderboards to see how your progress compares to other people around the world.
Dig in and start learning about the human brain, for free!