Investigate significant events, individuals, developments, and processes from the pre-Columbian period of U.S. history right through to the Civil War with these comprehensive U.S. History 101 flashcards, compiled using top textbooks, test banks, tutors, and practice exams. Study online or in Brainscape’s mobile app and get ready to ace your U.S. History 101 exam!
The best U.S. History study guide
History textbooks, though essential, aren’t exactly known to be compelling reading. In fact, they’re practically a metaphor for boring. But Brainscape has taken the entire U.S. History 101 curriculum and distilled it down into bite-sized, question-and-answer flashcards that’ll help you ingrain the necessary facts to take on this content-heavy exam.
Also, being a web and mobile app, you can squeeze in quick study sessions throughout your day, taking a quick 5 to 10 minutes here and there to learn new facts or review old ones. In this way, Brainscape makes it easy to constantly build upon your knowledge so that when you sit down to study, you’ve already got the important facts memorized.
Created by a team of top experts and tested by students, this course:
- Contains over 470+ cards across 11 decks.
- Offers an efficient review of the most important US History facts and concepts at your fingertips.
- Helps you learn the context and significance of critical historical events.
- Targets those issues tested most frequently on prior exams.
- Uses a special learning algorithm that leverages the latest in cognitive science techniques to ensure that you learn faster and remember for longer.
- Adjusts according to your unique strengths and weaknesses, so that you can focus on the facts that you struggle with and save time repeating those you’re already confident in.
Brainscape helps you learn faster and remember for longer
The brain is hardwired to learn and remember information a certain way. The Brainscape™ flashcard app was born out of the question: what if we leveraged this hardwiring to help students learn more efficiently? Fueled by curiosity, our team of cognitive scientists from Columbia and Yale spent years developing a scientifically optimized learning platform to boost your learning.
Our "secret sauce" is a learning algorithm that delivers information to your brain in a way that optimizes its ability to retain that information. And it’s the spaced repetition of U.S. History 101 content at precisely the right interval for YOUR brain that makes Brainscape so effective for remembering the facts.
Time to learn the foundations of U.S. History through to the Civil War!