Brainscape’s full-perspective adaptive flashcards cover the facts you need to help you prepare for and pass the WSET ® Level 3 Spirits exam, an advanced-level qualification for professionals and enthusiasts wanting a detailed understanding of the world of spirits!
Mastering the world of Spirits with the WSET ® Level 3 Award in Spirits
If you’re a drinks professional or enthusiast looking to take your knowledge and/or career to the ultimate level, Brainscape’s adaptive, digital flashcards for the WSET ® Level 3 Spirits qualification are the best (most efficient and convenient) review tool for the job! Leveraging decades of cognitive science research, our comprehensive collection of flashcards are proven to help you master the necessary facts more efficiently, and remember them for longer.
Designed in strict accordance with this prestigious qualification’s latest edition textbook and recommended readings, you’ll acquire a detailed understanding of:
- The techniques used in spirit production, from the processing of raw materials and alcoholic fermentation to distillation and post-distillation practices;
- The factors affecting the style and quality of 11 core categories of spirits (Scotch Whisky, Bourbon, Rye Whiskey, Tennessee Whiskey, Cognac, Armagnac, Caribbean rum, Tequila, Mezcal, Vodka, and Gin);
- An overview of 23 additional spirit categories, focusing on principal production methods and key styles and labelling terms;
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET ® Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT).
In other words: everything you need to know to do really well on the WSET ® Level 3 Spirits exam!
Meet our lead author for the WSET ® Level 3 Spirits
Brainscape's insider team of beverage professionals has worked tirelessly to create the most comprehensive set of flashcards for WSET ® Level 3 Spirits exam-takers and drinks enthusiasts. Our lead author is Brian Mitchell, a 27-year industry veteran who has worked in many facets of the drinks industry: as a bartender and bar manager, retail wine and spirits buyer, sommelier, multi-unit corporate beverage director, wine and spirits educator.
Brainscape helps you learn faster and remember for longer
The brain is hardwired to learn and remember information a certain way. The Brainscape™ flashcard app was born out of the question: what if we leveraged this hardwiring to help students learn more efficiently? Fueled by curiosity, our team of cognitive scientists from Columbia and Yale spent years developing a scientifically optimized learning platform to boost your learning.
Our "secret sauce" is a learning algorithm that delivers information to your brain in a way that optimizes its ability to retain that information. And it’s the spaced repetition of WSET ® Spirits Level 3 content at precisely the right interval for YOUR brain that makes Brainscape so effective for remembering the facts.
With Brainscape’s WSET ® Level 3 Spirits course, you get:
- Nearly 1800 cards with a comprehensive introduction on the techniques used in spirit production; the factors affecting the style and quality of 11 core categories of spirits; and how to taste and describe spirits using the WSET ® Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT); as well as an overview of 23 additional spirit categories.
- Explanations of spirits categories, principal production methods, key styles, labeling terms, aging requirements, and classifications so you have a thorough understanding of each topic covered.
- Ongoing feedback, statistics, and visualization tools to help you track your progress.
- A carefully tailored curriculum that builds on previous concepts and guides you from grain to glass.
- In-sync studying across Brainscape’s website and all your iOS and Android devices.
Now go crush the WSET ® Spirits Level 3 exam!
Brainscape is not sponsored or endorsed by official publications, tools or services connected to the WSET®.