Flashcards in 12.7 Neurodevelopment Disorders: Assessment and Treatment Deck (14):
what are the two main domains of autism spectrum disorder?
1. deficits in social communication and social interactions
2. restricted or repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities
what are the three points in the first domain (social communication) or ASD?
1. no social-emotional reciprocity
2. poor nonverbal communication
3. difficulty developing, maintaining and understanding relationships
children with ASD can have trouble with ________, extreme distress
what is a screening test for ASD?
what are the "gold standards" after screening for diagnosing autism?
what are good prognostic indicators for ASD? (3)
1. Absence of seizures
2. Absence of language impairment
3. Absence of associated intellectual disability
THE intervention for kids with autism:
applied behavioral analysis (ABA)
psychopharmacology is used for "________" of autism
what are the two domains of ADHD?
Motor or vocal tics present for less than a year
provisional tic disorder
Motor OR vocal tics but not both
persistent motor or vocal tic disorder
Both motor AND vocal tics. Come and go but have persisted more than one year. Onset before 18 years old
Not attributed to substance or other problem
does Tourette's Disorder have vocal or motor tics?
multiple motor and at least 1 vocal