The ___________________________ and the _________________ (Section 43.93) address psychotherapist sexual exploitation.
- Business and Professions Code
- Civil Code
It is illegal for a psychotherapist to engage in sexual contact with a patient or former patient under 3 conditions:
- When the patient is __________________________
- Within ___ years following termination of therapy
- By means of therapeutic _______________
- Receiving psychotherapy from the therapist
Psychotherapist _______________________ includes:
- Oral copulation
- Sexual contact (defined as "touching an __________________")
- Sexual exploitation
- Intimate part
Sexual exploitation is a ____________________.
A single act of sexual exploitation by a psychologist, or multiple acts of sexual exploitation with a single victim when the offender has no prior conviction for sexual exploitation is punishable by:
- Imprisonment in a _________________ for up to _______________
- A fine of up to $__________
- County jail
- 6 months
Sexual exploitation with two or more victims, or two or more acts with a single victim when there is a prior conviction for sexual exploitation may either result in:
- Imprisonment in county jail for up to __________
- A fine of up to $1000
- Imprisonment in a state prison for ___ months, 2 years, or ___ years
- A fine of up to $_____________
- 1 year
- 16 months
- 3 years
When a therapist is found guilty of sexual contact with a patient or former patient within two years of termination of treatment, the therapist's _____________________. A judge may not stay this.
License is revoked.
Any psychotherapist who becomes aware through a patient that the patient has had a sexual relationship with a psychotherapist during the course of treatment has a legal obligation to __________________________, and to discuss it with the patient.
Give the patient the brochure entitled "Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex."
The _____________________________ is responsible for preparing and disseminating the "Professional Therapy Never Includes Sex" brochure, which includes:
- A definition of psychotherapist-patient sexual contact
- A description of _____________________ to psychotherapist-patient sexual contact
- A patient's bill of rights
- A description of administrative, civil, and professional association ___________________
- A description of support services available for victims of sexual misconduct
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Common reactions
- Complaint procedures
There ________ law that requires a psychologist to report sexual misconduct by a colleague to the BOP, when the psychologist becomes aware of the misconduct in the course of a patient-therapist relationship.
A psychologist may only report to the BOP on behalf of a sexually exploited patient if the patient gives __________________.