Flashcards in NCIC/NLETS Deck (8)
NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM
- controlled by individual states.
- primary electronics records retrieval tool for the nations law enforcement agencies.
NATIONAL CRIME INFORMATION CENTER
- info. on wanted persons, missing persons, and stolen property.
- operated and maintained by DOJ.
Does Canada share information with NCIC?
What states/countries does NCIC operate in?
- all 50 states
- district of Columbia
- us possessions/territories
ORIGINATING AGENCY IDENTIFIER
- an ori is a 9 character identifier assigned by NCIC to an agency in order to identify that agency.
Wanted persons file
- contains records on individuals for whom a felony, serious misdemeanor, or federal warrant is outstanding.
- includes parole and probation violators.
Foreign fugitive file
- permits INTERPOL office in dc to enter records for fugitives wanted in other countries for crimes considered felonies if committed in US.
- subjects of international RED or BLUE notices.