___ is a method for voice transmissions using a continuous signal that varies in frequency, amplitude, and range.
___ is establishing an audio meeting over a network or PSTN line.
___ is a dedicated, physical, point-to-point connection between the sending and receiving devices.
___ is centralized storage for unified messages.
COMMON MESSAGE STORE (CMS)
___ is a method of voice transmissions in which sounds are encoded digitally as a series of numbers that represent pitch and volume at each instant in time.
___ is the state or availability of a remote object.
___ is the global collection of interconnected public telephone networks designed primarily for voice traffic.
PUBLIC SWITCHED TELEPHONE NETWORK (PSTN)
___is an immediate exchange of information.
___ is a protocol for sending faxes over an IP network or the Internet.
___ is integration of voice, video, and Web or data conferencing.
UNIFIED COLLABORATIVE COMMUNICATIONS (UCC)
___ is the combination of real time and non-real time into a single communication strategy.
___ is the storage of fax, email, and voice communications in a single location.
UNIFIED MESSAGING (UM)
- Session Initiation Protocol establishes communication sessions in an IP network.
TRUE OR FALSE
- Which of the following technologies provides centralized storage of voice, fax, and email communications?
- Unified messaging
- Email central storage (ECS)
- You are designing a customer service strategy for a large company. The CEO has asked you to apply full, two-way communications between service staff and customers. Which of the following methods would you suggest?
- Social networking
- You have been asked to write a memo to management explaining how a VoIP system would benefit the organization. Which of the following are advantages of VoIP? (Select two)
- Lower call costs
- Improved collaboration
- Greater voice control
- Reduced voice static
Lower call costs
- Unified communications refers to both real-time and non-real time delivery of communications.
TRUE OR FALSE
- Which of the following transport protocols does SIP use? (Select two)
- _____ refers to online communities where people connect and communicate with others on the web.
- Blogging is part of a strong SEO strategy.
TRUE OR FALSE
- _____ is the integration of fax, voice, pager messages, email, and more into a single interface for message submission, transportation, and retrieval.
- You work for a company that is considering using IM for employees to chat with customers. Which of the following are valid concerns for IM in the workplace? (Select three )
- Transmission of sensitive data
- Lag time
- Tracking employee messages
- Personal chatting from work
Transmission of sensitive data
Tracking employee messages
Personal chatting from work