Upon arriving on the scene of an incident involving an active threat(s), _____ will assume the primary role.
As soon as practical, initial responding officers will: (4)
a. Coordinate with SWAT members and relinquish primary responsibility;
b. Act as a “pathfinder” for SWAT by:
c. Assist with evacuation of medical casualties as necessary; and
d. Assist with containment as necessary.
Act as a “pathfinder” for SWAT by: (3)
(1) Directing SWAT officers to the last known location of the suspect(s);
(2) Reporting the locations of fire hazards, explosives, or other dangers; and
(3) Providing any pertinent information such as description, weaponry, etc.
_____ - Once the threat(s) has been neutralized a secondary search must be performed along with consolidation and treatment of any injured.
Efforts to stop severe bleeding on injured victims should be initiated. Use _____ to help with this effort.
The _____ should consider the most appropriate option for providing medical treatment:
The incident commander should consider the most appropriate option for providing medical treatment: (3)
1) Establish a CCP forward inside the crisis location, but sheltered from any potential suspect activity.
2) Provide the officers with transport devices (e.g., scoop stretcher, reeves stretcher, etc.) and positioning transport vehicles in close proximity (one building away), the victims are not being triaged or receiving treatment through this option;
3) Deploying Rescue Task Force(s)
To facilitate the rapid deployment of Rescue Task Forces, _____ will request a representative (Triage Officer) from JFRD to work directly with him in addition to any _____ that may be part of Unified Command at the Command Post.
JFRD command staff
regardless of the option used for providing medical treatment, a _____ should be established if the scene is not safe
Notification of _____ and _____ should be requested as needed.
additional law enforcement agencies and/or
public safety resources
Public notifications for awareness and safety should be coordinated through the_____ and may include instructions to shelter in place.
Public Information Officer (PIO) Office
If an IED is encountered, the _____ will determine the best methods for clearing the structure and securing evidence prior to turning over to crime scene investigators.
Hazardous Devices Squad