04.06.2015 Flashcards
又迟到了!你这次有什么藉口?
Late again! What’s your excuse this time?
这种行为说不过去
There’s no excuse for such behaviour.
你不必为她辩解
You don’t have to make excuses for her (= try to think of reasons for her behaviour).
这只是藉故一起聚会
It’s just an excuse for a party.
我来得这么晚,希望你能原谅。
I hope you’ll excuse me for being so late.
excuse me?
(NAmE) used when you did not hear what sb said and you want them to repeat it (没听清楚,请对方再说一遍)对不起,请再说一遍
对不起,能让我过去吗?
Excuse me, could you let me through?
啊呀,对不起,我没看到你在那里。
Oh, excuse me. I didn’t see you there.
你比我高
You’re taller than me.
喂,是我
Hello, it’s me.
“谁在那儿?” “只有我。”
‘Who’s there?’ ‘Only me.’
‘Would you like a drink?’
Yes, please/ thanks.
‘Waiter!’
Yes, sir?’
a small bag for money, keys, etc., carried especially by women
hand∙bag
婉言谢绝)不用了,谢谢你
no thank you
感谢信
a thank-you letter
people who write books, poems, etc. have a greater effect on history and human affairs than soldiers and wars 笔诛胜于剑伐
the pen is mightier than the ‘sword
彩色铅笔
coloured pencils
她用铅笔草草写了张便条
She scribbled a note in pencil.
一摞书
a pile of books
精装╱平装书
hardback/ paperback books
参考书;儿童读物;馆藏书籍
reference/ children’s/ library books
[pl.] the written records of the financial affairs of a business (企业的)账簿
books
她总是照章行事
She always does everything by the book.
依我看那是欺骗
That’s cheating in my book.
及早预约,以免向隅
Book early to avoid disappointment.
我想订一张今晚 8 点钟的二人餐桌
I’d like to book a table for two for 8 o’clock tonight.
对不起,客满了
I’m sorry—we’re fully booked.
演出票被订完了
The performance is booked up (= there are no more tickets available)
你注意看我的动作,然后试着做
Watch what I do, then you try.
我去买份报纸,你能替我照看一下我的包吗?
Could you watch my bags for me while I buy a paper?
(= be careful, because you’re in a dangerous situation)
Watch yourself
小心!汽车来了! (informal) used to warn sb about sth dangerous 小心;留神;注意
Watch out! There’s a car coming!
她焦急不安地一个劲看表
She kept looking anxiously at her watch.
婚纱
a wedding dress
(= no idea of how to dress well). 他毫无服装品味
He has no dress sense
~ (around/ round) sth to avoid talking about a subject, especially because it is difficult or embarrassing
他小心地避开了他们将住在何处这个问题
He carefully skirted the issue of where they would live.
她巧妙地避口不提钱的事。
She tactfully skirted around the subject of money.
“你怎么来的?” “开车来的。”
‘How did you come?’ ‘ By car.’
汽车司机╱制造商╱经销商
a car driver/ manufacturer/ dealer
汽车事故;撞车
a car accident/ crash
我可以在哪里停车呀?
Where can I park the car?
房价
house prices
我撑开伞
I put up my umbrella.
请千万别把我一个人留在这儿。
Please don’t leave me here alone.
请务必务必不要忘记呀。
Please, please don’t forget.
“您需要帮忙吗?” “是的。太感谢了。”
‘Would you like some help?’ ‘Yes, please.’
孩子们,别闹了!我在干活哪。
Children, please! I’m trying to work.
你无法让每个人都满意。
You can’t please everybody.
他是个难以取悦的人。
He’s a difficult man to please.
我这么做是要让父母高兴。
I did it to please my parents.
老天爷呀!千万别让他死啊。
Please God, don’t let him be dead.
(informal) used to tell sb that you are annoyed with them and do not care what they do (表示恼怒和不关心)随你的便,悉听尊便
‘I don’t think I’ll bother finishing this.’ ‘Please yourself.’ “我想我不必费力做完这件事。” “随你的便。”
我们离开这里吧
Let’s get out of here.
你的机会来了。
Here is your opportunity.
公共汽车来了。
Here comes the bus.
(informal) said when sth is starting to happen (某事)开始了
‘Here we go,’ thought Fred, ‘she’s sure to say something.’ “这就开始了。”弗雷德想,”她肯定要说话了。”
(informal) used when you are giving sth to sb 给你
Here you are. This is what you were asking for. 给你。这就是你一直要的东西。
拿着。四本,对吗?
Here you go. Four copies, is that right?
演出的免费入场券
free tickets to the show
偶数
even numbers (= 2, 4, 6, etc.)
奇数
odd numbers (= 1, 3, 5, etc.) 奇数