Flashcards in Ali Deck (113)
When responding to an emergency the driver will do the following:
- Use headlights and beacon warning lights.
- Use audible warning device as applicable to the traffic and situation.
- Not exceed the speed limit.
- Come to a complete stop at all stop signs and signal lights showing red, and school buses while loading and unloading children, then proceed only if granted the right of way by other traffic or school bus driver.
When backing apparatus, except for unusual conditions at emergencies, the driver will have the assistance of at least ____ persons with one person at the rear of the vehicle on the driver’s side.
Out of Service criteria
Air compressor must maintain
80 psi - 90 psi.
The D/O is to complete the Daily Apparatus Inspection Report no later than
Immediately report to _______ any serious defects that are a safety problem or that meet out-of-service criteria.
On a ____ basis during the morning apparatus check, the oncoming driver should review the MEB online reporting system to identify the status of previously reported defects.
Air compressor must build air pressure from _________ with engine at full rpm.
85 psi - 100 psi in 45 seconds
Transmission must be at an operating temperature of ______ during check.
180 degrees or higher
Connect to a hydrant.
Perform manual pump shift
Perform draft test and backflush complete system
first Friday of each month.
Undercarriage of chassis is to be cleaned
Suppressions will be waxed
The first Tuesday of each quarter
The supplying apparatus will pump its booster tank water to the receiving pumper at no greater than
If another pumper is pumping to the attack pumper from either a hydrant or a draft, this becomes a
Relay pumping operation
If water is being pumped from the booster tank prior to receiving a hydrant supply, a true static intake pressure is only available when ____ water is being flowed from the discharge(s).
Make note of the ______ end of the intake pressure fluctuations, as this will be the static pressure.
Static intake pressure is then utilized to calculate
Except for urgent/emergent conditions, residual intake pressures should not be taken below
Tank Fill valve should be ______ to prevent constant discharge from the overfill pipe.
When receiving water from a hydrant supply, the Tank to Pump valve should remain _____.
Should a supply fail, water from the booster tank will feed into the pump and the EPG in PRESSURE mode will automatically ________ to maintain the desired EDP.
During extended periods of little or no water discharge:
- Open your Tank Fill valve.
- Set up a discharge line to discharge water to a remote location.
- Throttle down to idle and shift into Neutral while leaving the pump engaged.
* Do not take truck out of pump and shut off ignition.
If the EPG is not working, the increase in EDP resulting from conducting a changeover must be manually resolved by
Slowly opening the intake while simultaneously throttling down the rpm’s to compensate for the pressure increase.
The D/O of an attack pumper must communicate the following points of information to their OIC:
- When the booster tank is down to ¼ and the water supply is delayed.
- When the water supply has been augmented.
- Any loss of supply or unresolved issues with the pump and/or water supply.
- That due to emergent conditions, a second line is being flowed from the tank.
Friction Loss equation
C x (Q/100)2 x (L/100)
Appliance and adaptor (wye, reducer, double male/female, etc.) friction loss in compensated for by adding ___ psi for flows exceeding ___ gpm.
Distances greater than ___’ require the use of 3” hose and a reducer or gated wye. Add ___ psi/50’ of 3” hose utilized to the EDP listed.