Flashcards in Anatomy Week 4 Deck (13):
Functions of Paranasal Sinuses (3):
1. Lighten the Skull
2. Increase Resonance of the voice
3. Condition/moisten the air via mucous membranes
2 Functions of Pharynx:
1. Move air/food from nasal cavity to larynx/esophagus
2. Sk. Musc. Contraction assists in deglutition
The _____ houses the tonsils.
Function of Nasal Cavity:
Warm/moisten air before it enters the rest of the respiratory system.
The ______ contains the vocal chords.
The trachea divides into the ______ at the point of the ______.
1. Right/Left Bronchi
2. T-5 Vertebrae
4 Layers of the Trachea:
There are approximately _______ rings of Hyaline Cartilage in the trachea.
What is the Carina and what is unique about it?
1. Carina: The ridge of separation around T-5 vertebrae where the trachea becomes the bronchi.
2. It is the most sensitive area to triggering the cough reflex.
Function of the pleural sac:
Reduce Friction (Increase surface tension)
The Cardiac Notch is seen on the ______.