Flashcards in Book Of Mormon Final Deck (83)
What is the new name that King Benjamin gave to his people?
The Children of Christ
Why are we always indebted to the Lord?
He created you and unto you your lives
How did King Benjamin's subjects know that they were forgiven?
• The spirit of the Lord came upon them, and they were filled with joy; because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them
What had the spirit of the Lord Omnipotent done for the people?
•Wrought a mighty change unto them, or in their hearts, that they have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually
•Allowed them to know of their surety and truth
How many people had entered into the convenant?
Not one soul, except little children, but who had entered into the covenant
What caused the Nephite bondage according to Limhi?
How did Ammon respond to the comment that "a seer is greater than a prophet."
• seer is a revelator and a prophet also; and a gift which is greater can no man have, except he should possess the power of God, which no man can; yet a man may have great power given him from God.
Who is the seer that Ammon said could translate the 24 gold plates?
interpretors that are commanded to translate them
Why did Gideon spare the life of King Noah?
Because the Lamanites had come
What was King Noah's real concern?
concerned with his own life
Why did the lamanites come up against the Nephites in spite of their oath?
Because the lamanites daughter's were abducted
Why were King Limhi and his people not baptized?
Because no one in the land had the authority from God, and Ammon didn't feel worthy to do it
Why did Alma refuse to be King
• Behold, it is not expedient that we should have a king; for thus saith the Lord: Ye shall not esteem one flesh above another, or one man shall not think himself above another; therefore I say unto you it is not expedient that ye should have a king.
What were King Laman's true motives in yielding up the lands of Lehi-Nephi and Shilom?
To bring my people into bondage, that he yielded up the land that we migh possess it
Why did the Lamanites hate Nephi, which later on developed in an "eternal hatred towards the children of Nephi."
• They were taught to hate, murder, rob and plunder, and do all they could to destroy them
What was Abinidi's conditional prophecy?
• Unless they repent of their abominations, and their wickedness, and their whoredoms; and except they repent i will visit them in mine anger.
What did Abinidi say in response to teh wicked priests when they claimed that they teach the Law of Moses?
• If ye teach the law of Moses why do ye not keep it? Why do ye set your hearts upon riches? Why do ye commit whoredoms and spend your strength with harlots, yea, and cause this people to commit sin, that the Lord has cause to send me to prophesy against this people, yea, even a great evil against this people?
What is the central message of Mosiah 14?
•Jesus suffered and had to go through much affliction for us.
•When Christ would offer his soul for sin, he would see his seed
How is Jesus Christ both the father and the son?
• Son by flesh, father by birthright- conceived by the power of God= father; flesh=son
What is the different ressurections and who will rise and when?
•First resurrection= phase 1: those who died up until the resurrection of Christ; phase 2: those who died after Christ’s resurrection, but before the second coming (both are only for the righteous)
•Second Resurrection= those that died in their sin/will take place at the end of the millennium
Who does Abinidi say Christ is?
• The light and the life of the world; yea a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
What did King Abinidi say to King Noah concerning his death sentence?
• He will shed innocent blood if he kills him, and this shall stand as a testimony against King Noah at the last day.
Who gave Alma his auhtority?
From the Almighty God
Why did Alma and his 450 people leave the waters of mormon?
Because the king found out their movement and came to destroy them
Who became a seperate people at this time and why?
• Those who would not be baptized because they could not understand the word of God and their hearts hardened.
Who were numbered among the unbelievers
Sons of Mosiah
What were the names of the sons of Mosiah?
•Ammon, and Aaron, and Omner, and Himni
What caused the sons of Mosiah to quake and tremble?
• The very thought that any soul should endure endless torment
What did Mosiah recommend in place of a king?