Flashcards in Circulatory Test Deck (15):
6. What role does your brain play in circulation of blood through your body?
It signals the heart to beat 68. WKST The Body Transport System
13. When blood flows into the right atrium from the body what does it contain?
Little oxygen and and a lot of carbon dioxide pg.73 exterior heart
15. When blood flows into the left atrium from the body what does it contain?
A lot of oxygen and a little of carbon dioxide pg.73 exterior heart
25. In which blood vessels are materials exchanged between the blood and the body’s cells?
Capillaries 68. WKST The Body Transport System
Blood is pumped through blood vessels by the action of the organ known as the what?
Heart pg.73 exterior heart
46. Blood that contains large amounts of carbon dioxide flows from the body into the what type of atrium of the heart?
Right pg.73 exterior heart
52. The group of cells called the what regulates the rate at which the heart beats?
Pacemaker 68. WKST The Body Transport System
54. Cardiovascular earth can be maintained by strengthening the heart muscle through regular what?
Exercise 68. WKST The Body Transport System
60. What are the blood vessels that lead into the left atrium and is it deoxygenated or oxygenated?
There pulmonary veins and they are oxygenated pg.73 exterior heart
63. What separates the left atrium from the left ventricle and what is its function?
Valve and it prevents blood from flowing backward 68. WKST The Body Transport System
49. Blood that is rich in oxygen leaves the heart through the blood vessel known as the what?
Aorta 68. WKST The Body Transport System
59. #11. What is located above the pulmonary veins and is this deoxygenated or oxygenated?
Left pulmonary artery and deoxygenated lungs pg.73 exterior heart
59. #13 and #12 This is located below the pulmonary arteries and is it deoxygenated or oxygenated?
Right and left pulmonary vein, deoxygenated pg.73 exterior heart
59. #9 What is the biggest artery at the top of the heart and is it deoxygenated or oxygenated?
The aorta, oxygenated Body pg.73 exterior heart