Flashcards in Electronics Information Deck (16):
When using a digital multi meter to measure the amps in a circuit, the leads should be connected...
In the series between the power source and load.
What is the correct abbreviation for kilowatt-hour?
What position is a push-to-break switch usually in?
Which can measure electrical potential between two points in a circuit?
How many amps are in 3,500 milliamps?
What is calculated with equation P = I * V?
What does the I stand for in the equation P = I * V?
Some of the advantages of a optical data transfer (via optical cable) versus wireline data transfer are:
1) increase resistance to tapering/unauthorized signal interception.
2) reduce the possibility of unwanted interference from electromagnet sources.
What does a capacitor do?
Stores electric current.
Which is an example of a load in a circuit?
A real-world usage of multiplexing could be:
1) A telecommunications company using several different laser light colors in the same fiber line to increase overall throughout.
2) A mobile phone service provider setting up a tower to "listen" to multiple cell phone calls at one time.
3) A media company using two microphones to provide the same audio signal to 17 independent audio recorders during a press conference.
Which is a variable resistor with three terminals and a contact that can slide?
When wiring 11oV/12oV AC power (in the United States of America), what is the standard accepted color of the neutral wire?
Am ohmmeter is used to measure what?
DTMF stands for ____ and is most often found ____.
Dual Tone Multi-Frequency, in the touch tones in a push button landline telephone.