Flashcards in Exam 1 Deck (42)
What is the A320's MTOW (max TO weight)
What is the A320's wingspan?
What is the A320's Fuel Capacity?
How many Exits are there on the A320?
10 including 2 front windshields that pop out
The maximum service ceiling for the A320 is:
The minimum pavement necessary for a 180 deg turn is approximately ___ feet
The Radio Management Panels, RMPs are used:
Exclusively to tune frequencies for various radios, including navaids if necessary
These SEL lights are illuminated because:
CA’s RMP is being used to tune to VHF3 and not VHF1, and the FO’s RMP is being used to tune to VHF1
Your ACP is configured as shown. (the INT pb is illuminated green). You have been using your hand mic to call the pushback coordinator. You are hearing no response on your headset or loudspeaker. Why?
You forgot to push in and release the INT reception knob
Which transmission key alerting light does NOT extinguish automatically after a short period of time if the RESET pb is not used?
CALL (ATT and MECH will extinguish automatically)
Which radio is normally dedicated to ACARS communications?
VHF3 is dedicated to ACARS but can be used for voice communications if needed
The CVR operates automatically:
- For the first 5 mins of AC power is applied to a/c
- When the first engine is started
- Anytime the a/c is airborne
What are the 3 inter-phone systems in the A320?
1. Flight (within Flight Deck and between FD and push-back coordinator)
2. Cabin (between FD and Cabin)
3. Service (between FD and Mx Receptacles around a/c exterior)
What is the ACP (audio control panel) used for?
ACP is used to SELECT which radio is used for reception and transmission
(RMP is used SOLELY to TUNE radio frequencies)
What does ACARS stand for?
Aircraft Communication and Reporting System
True or False: The flight deck door is equipped with an escape panel that can be removed from either the flight deck or cabin side of the door
FALSE! The flight deck door escape panel can only be removed from the flight deck side of the door
The flight deck door locking mechanism can be opened by (Select all that apply):
1. Using the handle on flight deck side of the door
2. Using the toggle switch on the COCKPIT DOOR panel
3. Entering a code in the keypad on the cabin side of the door
(AMBER “CABIN” illumination) You see this indication on the DOOR/OXY page. You know that cabin door 1L:
Has been opened
(Amber “EMER EXIT” illumination) You see this depiction on the DOOR/OXY page. Which statement most accurately describes what this means?
1. The handle cover for this overwing exit is not positioned correctly
2. This overwing exit has been removed and the overwing slide deployed
The EIS is composed of two subsystems which include the following:
The PFD should be displayed on which display unit?
Outboard Display Unit (T3/S1)?
Which computers are responsible for generating the images that are ultimately displayed on the Display Units?
The DMCs (DISPLAY MANAGEMENT COMPUTERS)
Each ADIRU is made up of two components. The two components are the following:
ADR, which provides pitot/static related information, and the IRU, which provides gyroscope and accelerometer related information
Which of the following is NOT calculated by the ADR portion of the ADIRUs?
What does the magenta dagger represent?
An ILS or localizer inbound course has been selected, and this represents the inbound course
What does an amber box surrounding the digital vertical speed indicator signify?
The IRU vertical Speed singla is unavailable and the ADR is providing a backup barometric signal
Select all that are correct. The Digital Flight Data Recorder (DFDR) is automatically energized:
- Continuously when airborne
- On the ground for a 5 minute period following the application of aircraft power
- On the ground with an engine running
Gaseous O2 for the flight deck supplemental O2 system is stored in:
A high-pressure cylinder
When you select this pb OFF, you: (the CREW SUPPLY pb on the OXYGEN Panel)
- Shut off the flow of O2 to the four flight deck O2 masks
- CLose the supply solenoid located downstream from the pressure regulator