Flashcards in Final Deck (21)
"Worship Leader" seems to emphasize leading a service.
" Worship Pastor" is about leading...
A Worship Pastor wants to see his congregation grow as..
7 Habits of Highly Effective Worship Pastors:
1. They study God's Word
2. They equip people for ministry
3. They serve within the vision of the house
4. They build teams
5. They cast vision
6. They love to worship
7. They study the people they lead
5 Ways to Glorify God:
1. Pour out your heart
2. Draw attention to truth
3. Treasure Him
4. Share your story
5. Live it
It's possible for your band to be _________, your congregation to be __________, and everyone dancing, shouting, lifting their hands and... the glory of God to be completely ignored.
- Tight with musical chemistry
- Singing at the top of their lungs
What is the scariest verse in the Bible?
After reading Amos 5:21-24, I know:
1. It's not about the offering- there was plenty being offered
2. It's not about good music- it was merely noise to God's ears
What prevents the flow of the spirit in me?
3 Myths About Apprenticing/Teaching:
1. You need to be an expert.
2. You need to schedule more meetings.
3. You might be out of a job.
Remember your MEDs:
1. Model- here's what I do
2. Explain- here's why I do it
3. Demonstrate- here's how I do it
As a Worship leader, you are not just managing volunteers; you are..
"You are not just filling slots; you have a part in changing people's...
Do you make these 5 mistakes when you choose songs?
1. Your songs are in a ______
2. Your songs are ________
3. Your songs don't ___________
4. Your songs don't ____________
5. Your songs are too ___________
1. BAD RANGE
3. FLOW EASILY
4. CONNECT with your CONGREGATION
How to craft a Worship set list that flows:
1. Connect your songs by ______
2. Connect your songs by ______
3. Connect your songs with _______
4. Connect your songs with ______
What is the most important question you might not be asking?
What is your vision?
It's tempting to just _______ & _______ what is happening elsewhere without seeking God for your particular church, but DONT!
Copy & paste
You are a ____________ maker.
"Worship leaders, don't think about ___________ ; think about __________. MODEL worship and we'll follow your example."
What are some of the 15 things you can't say from the stage?
1. Are you going to worship or not?
2. I don't feel like worshipping today.
3. I am personally going to pay for you all to attend Clapping Workshop 101
4. If you worship a little harder maybe you'll lose a few pounds!
5. That worship was awful. Please just watch me closer this next song.
What are a couple of reminders to help you stay sensitive to the Holy Spirit?
1. Carry a physical Bible
2. Take notes during the sermon
3. Pray out loud daily
4. Spend time with the Lord after service