Flashcards in Finishing processes- decoration and enhancement Deck (13):
What is fabric enhancement?
adding techniques to create decorative effects
What are some decorative techniques?
- beading, sequins and other smaller components
What is embroidery?
- using thread to make patterns
- has a raised surface
- can be done by hand or machine
What is appliqué?
- sewing on a design to a background
- can be hand tacked, glued or fused
- can be done by machine
What is quilting?
- adds insulation
- layering technique
What are beading, sequins and other smaller components?
- enhance colour and texture
What is patchwork?
- geometric shapes stitched together
How can fabrics be manipulated?
- heat setting
- textured effects
- folding fabric vertically and stitching to fix it
- small stitches pulled together to add volume
- reshape garment
- heat applied to change texture