Flashcards in Geography Themes Deck (22)
What are the 5 themes of geography?
1. Location (all things have one)
2. Place ( description comparing natural and man-made features to other places)
3. Human-environment interaction ( how people influence their environment and how they are influence by it)
4. Movement (of ideas, people and goods around the world)
5. Regions( area with common features which sets it apart from other areas)
What is a geographer?
An expert in geography. Uses information around them to help understand their environment.
Name 5 sources of information that geographers use.
2. Weather (patterns indicate climate change)
3. The media
5. Photographs (record events, proof of change)
Name 4 different types of settlement.
What factors affect where people choose to live?
Physical and social economic factors
What social economic factors affect where people live?
What physical factors affect where people live?
2. Quality of soil
How many people live on a farm?
How many people live in a village?
How many people live in a town?
What is geography?
The study of earth and the way people live on it and use it.
What is a landmark?
Things that help you recognize a place.
Give an example of a natural landmark.
River, mountain, tree
Give an example of a man- made landmark.
Buildings, dams, statues or monuments
What are needs?
Something people can't do without
What are the 5 basic needs?
3. Health care
5. Energy ( electricity, gas etc)
Name 2 natural resources?
Water, wood, oil, iron, coal etc
Name 2 technological resources
Name 2 human resources
Teachers, doctors, engineers
What is a service?
It is something provided by the government or businesses to help people
Name the 6 kinds of services
1. Water and sewerage
2. Health care
3. Education services
6. Retail services