Flashcards in Good & Evil Deck (8):
- Human reason making moral decisions.
- The knowledge we have of what is right and wrong and the God-given compulsion within all human beings to do what is right and to avoid what is evil.
The absence of good and the impulse to seek out own desires at the expense of the good of others, which often results in suffering.
- The decision - making part of a person's mind is called the will.
- A will is free if the person is able to choose right from wrong without being controlled by other forces.
- The quality of being like God.
- Seeking the well-being of others selflessly.
- 'Made flesh'
- The Christian belief that God became man in the person of Jesus, fully human and fully divine.
- The moral laws of right and wrong which are universal and nor dependent on human laws.
- The belief in natural law is the belief that the moral law is discoverable by every human being and is the same for all human beings in all places at all times.
- The loss or absence of a quality or something that is normally present.
- Evil is a privation of good.