Flashcards in Judaism Deck (8):
- House of assembly.
- Building for Jewish public prayer, study and assembly.
The place where God's presence rests and can be felt.
- Day of spiritual renewal and rest.
- Beginning at sunset on Friday and closing at nightfall on Saturday.
- 'fit' or 'proper'.
- Foods that are permitted to be eaten according to Leviticus 11.
- It is also used to refer to the purity of ritual objects such as Torah scrolls.
- The five books of Moses (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy).
- Holiest books of the Tenakh.
- The term has a mix of meanings.
- it is often used to refer to duties (such as the 613 in the Torah) and good deeds.
- The anointed one who Jews believe will bring in a new era or age for humankind.
- This will include rebuilding the Temple and bringing in an age of universal peace.