Flashcards in Lab Test Deck (11):
What goes into the cover page?
- Title of the Lab
-Your name (and your partners name) Your teacher’s name
- Date you submitted the lab
What goes into the purpose?
What question are you
hoping to answer by performing this experiment?
IF (predicted answer to lab question) AND (summary of procedure) THEN (results you would see
- This is a list of all the materials and equipment you will need for your experiment (bullet point form)
- Include specific quantities of your materials ex:
2 – 100ml beakers
- A numbered list of all the steps of the experiment
- No personal language
Say, “Repeat steps 2-5..."
Table of results
Analysis (of results)
A written analysis of your lab in a paragraph format which connects your observations to what was learnt in class.
- State whether or not your hypothesis was supported and wrap up your major findings.
- Include 2 or 3 examples of sources of error within the lab experiment that may have affected your results and explain how they may have affected the results.
- Include suggestions for improving these errors in future lab experiments of this kind
What does the "If" part mean in a hypothesis
The part of the hypothesis that says “Here’s what
we’re trying to prove”. It will be a summarized
version of your Purpose or Question.
What does the "And" part mean in a hypothesis
The part of the hypothesis says
“Here’s how we’ll do the experiment.”
It will be a summarized version of your