What is Benedectine?
- 1510, Benedictine monk from Normandy Don Bernardo Vincelli created recipe for this French liqueur
- 27 plants and spices; 3 main ingredients - Angelica, Hyssop, Lemon Balm
- Only 3 people on earth know the complete recipe for making the spirit
- Distilled in copper pot
- Aged 17 months bin cask
- D.O.M. on label stands for "Deo Optimo Maximo" ("To God, most good, most great")
- 1st imported to the United States in 1888
Anise & Elderberry
Anise, Herbs, Vanilla
Vanilla, Herbs, Spice
Herbs & Spices
Chartreuse (Green or Yellow)
Herbs, Plants, Roots, & Spices
Crème de Menthe
What flavor liqueur is Krupnik?; where's it from?
What flavor liqueur is St. Germain?; where's it from?
Saffron, Herbs, Spices
B & B
blended Bénédictine and Brandy
- France (the cocktail originated in New York)