People who can be the subject of an order - the reason for the order to be out in place.
A person who is or had been in a family relationship.
- A person who can apply for a protection order
The standard conditions of a protection order
When must respondent surrender firearms licence to Police
• Must surrender weapons and licenses to Police as soon as practicable after the respondents protection order device
• No later than 24 hours after the respondents protection order service, or on demand.
• Respondents who fail to surrender firearms may be arrested for breach of the protection order
Identify length of time after which a temporary protection order becomes final (if not challenged)
The special bail requirements following a respondents arrest for breaching a protection order
- 24 hour cooling off period
- Respondent be released at the end of the 24 hour period if not brought before the court
Identify the power to search and seize firearms when a protection order is in place or when there are grounds to make an application for a protection order
Search and Surveillance Act 2012, Section 18