Flashcards in Romano-Response To Resistance 2 of 2 Deck (25):
______ ______ shall remove probes located in sensitive areas such as the face, neck, groin, female’s breast, and tops of the hands and feet.
If the incident is non-routine, or if a serious injury is alleged, the probes and the expended air cartridge(s), as well as the _____ if possible to collect them, shall be maintained as evidence appropriately secured and marked as biohazard and placed in the Property & Evidence Facility.
Anti-Felon Identification Devices (AFIDS)
Officers accidently deploying a CEW air cartridge will
also complete a _______ regardless if anyone or any object is struck.
To kill seriously injured or dangerous animals when other dispositions are impractical or other means have failed an officer needs approval of who?
a commanding officer, who will respond and do an RTR report and will not delegate it. The primary checkback will be RTR.
The officer shooting the animal will complete a RTR
_______ ______ in ARMOR. Any officers who witness the shooting will complete a RTR Witness Report in ARMOR.
The supervisor at the scene of an animal shooting will contact _____ so that Animal Control can pick up the dead animal.
When an officer accidentally discharges a firearm (other than while training at a range) without causing injury to any person, the _____ ______ where the incident occurred will respond to conduct the investigation and will check back on the original call for service using the disposition code ‘RTR’ in the primary disposition block and any other applicable
codes in the subsequent disposition blocks.
The watch commander will complete a RTR Report in ARMOR. This task will not be delegated to a lesser authority. At a minimum, the following information will be detailed (no diagram is necessary): 6
1. The facts surrounding the accidental discharge
2. Description of property damaged
3. A statement from the involved officer
4. A RTR Witness Report from any witness officers
5. Witness information and statements from those without access to ARMOR
6. Issues related to training
Officers who accidentally discharged their firearm and member witnesses with access to ARMOR must complete a ____________.
RTR Witness Report
The Homicide/Cold Case Team shall respond and conduct a complete investigation for any of the following incidents: 4
1. Any time a member of the JSO intentionally discharges a firearm at a person while acting in the capacity of a Sheriff's Office employee
2. Any time a member of the JSO accidentally discharges a firearm resulting in a person
3. Any time a member of the JSO takes some action against another person that results in death or life threatening injuries while acting in the capacity of a Sheriff’s Office employee
4. Any time an officer is killed, shot, or is the victim of a life threatening injury inflicted by criminal means while acting in the capacity of a Sheriff’s Office employee
The Patrol Watch Commander responsibilities when OIS occurs: 3
1. ensure scene is secure
2. Contact Comm. Center notify them of incident
3. Contact Cold Case Supervisor
The patrol watch commander shall not forward a report, complete a diagram of the crime scene, or take written statements unless directed by the ________.
Homicide Unit Commander or higher authority.
The _______ ______ ______will be responsible for notifying the City’s Deputy or Assistant General Counsel of incidents in which an officer takes some action against another person resulting in death or life threatening injuries.
The Homicide/Cold Case team supervisor
The Cold Case supervisor will notify the ______ ______ ____ when the completed case is ready to be reviewed by the RTR Review Board.
Professional Oversight Unit
__________, which uses some of the technologies employed in an Amber or Silver Alert, was created in response to the increasing number of law enforcement officers in the state who were killed, injured or abducted in the line of duty.
The Florida Blue Alert Plan
To Activate a Blue Alert, the following FOUR criteria must be met:
1. A law enforcement officer must have been seriously injured or killed by an offender(s) or is missing while in the line of duty under circumstances evidencing concern for the law enforcement officer’s safety
2. The investigating law enforcement agency must determine the offender(s) poses a serious risk to the public or to other law enforcement officers and dissemination of available information to the public may help avert further harm or assist in the
apprehension of the suspect
3. A detailed description of the offender’s vehicle or other means of escape, including vehicle tag or partial tag, must be available for broadcast to the public
4. The local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction must recommend issuing the Blue Alert.
The following steps must occur in order to activate a
Blue Alert: 2
1. The JSO Homicide Cold Case Sergeant or his designee calls FDLE’s Florida Fusion Center
2. FDLE’s on-call supervisor will work with the investigating agency to offer assistance, ensure the activation criterion have been met and determine if the alert will be displayed regionally or statewide
When an officer takes some action against another person resulting in death or life threatening injuries he will be placed on ?
Administrative Leave for the rest of his work cycle.
The officer involved will be placed on ______ _____ ____ status pending a review by the ______ or his designee of the officer’s ability to safely and effectively return to line duty assignment.
Temporary Limited Duty
While on Temporary Limited Duty status, the officer shall not: 4
1. wear a uniform
2. drive a take home vehicle
3. perform secondary employment
4. use any police powers
Prior to being permitted to return to full duty status, the officer shall undergo a “Return to Duty Assessment,” which will be scheduled through the ___ ______ ______ ______.
JSO Human Resources Division
Only the _____ or his designee may decide to return the officer to full duty status.
Any member engaging in a response to resistance while in the course of his duties, and any member that observes a member engage in a response to resistance, will complete a RTR Report or a RTR Witness Report, if one or more of the following criteria are met: 11
1. A firearm was discharged
2. An intermediate weapon was used on or against an individual
3. A person or animal was exposed to a chemical agent
4. A SWAT member used a specialty weapon in a non-SWAT incident
5. A CEW was deployed in Probe or Touch-Stun mode
6. Physical force was used on a subject and the force resulted, or was alleged to have resulted, in any injury, regardless of the severity
7. An injury was observed on a subject following any use of force
8. A ramming maneuver was used on a vehicle
9. An arrestee was rejected admission to the PDF and directed to the hospital due to alleged injuries sustained from a member’s response to resistance
10. After an arrestee was granted admission to the PDF, the arrestee alleged an injury was sustained from a member’s response to resistance
11. A supervisor determines a RTR Report is appropriate
Members will complete RTR Reports and RTR Witness Reports within _______ of the RTR incident.