Flashcards in Romano-Weapons 2 of 2 Deck (16)
Thirty round magazines will be loaded with __ rounds. Twenty round magazines will be loaded with __ rounds.
Automatic weapons, semi-automatic shotguns, and other rifles shall be used only by skilled officers trained in their use and with the prior approval of a
Director or higher
All rifle ammunition must be .223 Federal 55-grain Boat Tail Hollow Point and all magazines must be from a reputable manufacturer and approved by the ____.
For non issued handguns, projectiles may not weigh less than __ grains. Reloads of any type are absolutely ________.
Sheriff's Office ammunition standards for ammunition stocked and issued by the JSO for routine assignment will be:
1. .40 caliber S & W, Winchester 180 grain, Ranger SXT hollow point
2. 9mm - Winchester 9mm Luger +P+ 127 grain T-series
3. .38 Special (+P) 158 grain, hollow point (for large frame weapons);
4. .38 Special hollow point (for small frame and air weight weapons
5. Federal LE 132-00 12 Gauge 9 Pellet 00 Buck
6. .223 caliber Federal 55 grain, Boat Tail hollow point
The approved tactical firearm flashlights for Glock pistols are the __ type flashlights that attach to the factory rails on Glock pistols.
The holster used for flashlights is the Glock ____ holster with light kit.
The tactical firearm flashlight will not be used for routine ________ purposes.
searching, It's used in cases when pointing the firearm at a person, object, or area
_____ _____ ____ for Firearms will not be authorized for normal patrol or investigative operations.
Laser Aiming Devices
In Circuit and County Courts, officers may wear their weapons unless: 2
1. The judge in a particular case rules weapons shall not be worn
2. The officer is a party or defendant in a case
You can be armed in the Federal Courthouse (T/F)
Unless otherwise authorized by Transportation Security Administration (TSA), law enforcement officers (LEO) flying armed are required to: 6
1. Be a federal law enforcement officer or a full-time municipal, county, or state law enforcement officer who is a direct employee of a government agency
2. Be sworn and commissioned to enforce criminal statutes or immigration statutes
3. Be authorized by the employing agency to have the weapon in connection with assigned duties
4. Complete the training program, “Law Enforcement Officers Flying Armed"
5. Possess an Original Letter of Authority on JSO letterhead stating the need for the officer to be armed is in connection with the performance of his duty and
includes the date the officer completed the approved class
6. Have the operational need to fly armed
When not involved in a police action, reserve officers shall not carry firearms into any establishment serving ______ _____ as its main source of income.
Retired Officers can requalify when?
on the first Wednesday of January, April, July, and October
FSS 790.174 states: a person who knows or reasonably should know a minor is likely to gain access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the minor's parent or the person having charge of the minor, or without the supervision required by law shall securely store the firearms from access by persons under what age?