Flashcards in Test 3 Deck (26)
1. Beatitudes & the Corresponding Commandments
a) Righteousness 1,2,3
b) Mourn 4
c) Meek 5
d) Merciful 6
e) Pure 7
f) Poor in spirit 8
g) Peacemakers 9,10
2. 5 teachings about the Holy Spirit
A- He comes as a replacement for Jesus (14:16)
B- He will interpret for Jesus’ ministry (14:26)
C- He is a witness (15:26)
D- He will be a prosecutor (16:7)
E- He is the revealer (16:13)
3. What tribe Jesus was from
4. Know the “houses” of learning from Jesus education
A- First: Bet Sepher (House of the Book) – reading the written Law was taught. (reading library)
B- Second: Bet Talmud (House of Learning) – Age of ten is the study of the Oral Law.
C- Third: Bet Midrash (House of Study) – Schools of learning under Teachers of the Law
The “Hillel” was sung with the Passover.
Before the meal: Psalms 113-114
After the meal: Psalms 115-118
These psalms celebrated Israel’s deliverance from Egypt, made possible by applying the blood of the Passover lamb.
The host sings the lines and the “family” responds with “Hallelujah.”
11. Andrew and John the Baptist
A- Andrew was a disciple of John the Baptist
12. Who did what in the feeding of the 5000?
A- Andrew speaks up about bread and fish.
13. Know the particulars about when Jesus was missing in the Temple when he was 12?
A- Luke 2:41-52
“41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.”
49 “Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
14. How many group structures are common in parables?
A- Three, Two or one Character situations.
A- Levi? Tax collector? Gospel according to?
16. Disciples who were fisherman-
A- Peter, Andrew, James, and John
17. The Olivet Discourse (what day was it occurred? What did Jesus do the day before the Olivet discourse?
A- Tuesday of Passover Week. Jesus cleansed the Temple the day prior. Disciples questions before Christ’s return and after
18. Who wanted to kill the baby Jesus?
19. Father of John the Baptist
20. Know which of the disciple’s relatives were helped by Jesus
A- Peter’s MIL (Mother in law)
21. What did Jesus say to people when he cast out demons?
A- He forbade them to speak
22. When Jesus was educated at first class, what would he learn?
A- reading the written Law was taught. (reading library)
23. What line did Mary come from?
A- Lineage of Abraham/David (Luke 3:23)
24. What disciples brought other disciples to the lord
A- Andrew brought his brother Simon Peter.
27. When was Jesus visit to the temple the first time?
A- After he was circumcised, he was brought to the temple to be presented. Luke 2:22 “22 When the time came for the purification rites required by the Law of Moses, Joseph and Mary took him to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord
28. The Curriculum of Bet Sepher
A- Curriculum (Bet Sepher)
Shema – Deut. 6:4-9; 11;13-21
Law of tzitzit - Numbers 15:37-41 (remembering commandments
Hallel – Psalms 113-118 (prayers of praise and thanksgiving on holy days)
Creation Story – Genesis 1-5
Basics Levitical aw – Leviticus 1-8
29. The Hillel of Passover comes from which book of OT
30. Know what Jesus did after the resurrection and how much time he was here.
A- Appeared to the women, the disciples, and up to 500 believers. 40 days.
What is said is exaggerated but possible
Mark 9:43-47 – Cutting off eye/arm?
32. The triggers to Jesus’ passion
A- He comes as a replacement for Jesus (14:16)
B- Disciples will not be left as orphans
C- He will remain with them (Advocate; John 1:33)
D- He will interpret for Jesus’ ministry (14:26)
E- Work Jesus has done and what He will do in and through them
F- He is a witness (15:26)
G- Comes from the Father will testify about Jesus
H- He will be a prosecutor (16:7)
I- About the world’s wrong view of sin, righteousness and judgment
J- He is the revealer (16:13)
K- What is the Father’s, is the Son’s, is disclosed