Flashcards in The Chest Wall #2 Deck (17):
What does the tubercle of the rib attach to?
What does the art part (facet) attach to?
corresponding transverse process of its own vert
What forms costotransverse joint and what type is it?
- art facet of rib attaches to traansvese process of its own vert
What lies in front of the neck of the rib?
What is sig about angle of the rib?
marks front + back of chest
How does the angle of the rib sep the muscles?
- back muscles attach post. to angle
- ext. + int. ant. muscles attach ant. to shaft
What sits int he subcostal groove?
nerovas bundle sits in it
What makes the 1st rib atypical?
- short, strong, flat + v.curved
- has tubercle for scalenus ant.
- single facet on head - only art with T1 - therefore not double
- grooves for subclavian artery + vein
What makes the 2nd rib atypical?
tubercle for scalenus post.
What makes rib 10 sometimes atypical?
may art with T10 vert only instead of 2
What makes ribs 11 + 12 atypical?
- do not have tubercles
- do not attach to the sternum
- pointed + flat
- 12th rib has single post. art
What is pars interarticularis?
space between inf. + sup. art processes
What is joint between sup. + inf. facet?
List the atypical vert
How do the true ribs move?
- pump handle
- to become more horizontal
- push chest wall up + out
- inc anteropost. diameter
How do the false ribs move?
- bucket handle
- move to side
- inc transverse diameter