Flashcards in Vocab Words 4 Deck (14):
- adj. Convincing though clear presentation, relevant
I hope my speech was cogent.
- V. Work together
We should collaborate on a homework assignment
- v. To place in proper order
The printer will collate the paper
- adj. To praise as worthy of confidence
His actions as a student were commendable
- adj pleased with oneself without awareness of potential danger.
Freshman year I was complacent with my terrible grades
- adj of large scope
Our final will be very comprehensive
- v. Link together as in a chain
We concatenated the wire to make a chain
- v. She used her womanly charm to conciliate an angry competitor.
- adj. Expressing much in a few words.
The pastor's sermon was very concise
- v. To behave as if coming down from a superior position.
My condescending friend talked as if she was my mother
- adj. Charecterized by adopting others attitudes
My brother is not a conformist
- n. Majoritity of opinion
The boy with the neon shirt was conspicuous
- adj. Showing sincere remorse
My mom always wants my brother to be contrite after they get in fights