When did the world population reach 1 billion?
When was the world population 3 billion?
When is the worlds population predicted to reach 8 billion?
Approximately how many babies are born each day?
Name 3 reasons a family might not want many children
- financial problems
- lots of responsibility
- hard work
What is the global average age of women marrying?
What is the continent with the youngest marriages?
How many children under 5 die each day?
What is the main cause of child deaths?
What causes poverty?
Name 3 reasons the population has grown
What is overpopulation?
When there are too many people in an area for the number of resources available
Name 10 problems of overpopulation
- spread of diseases
- high unemployment
- low sanitation
- survival of the fittest
- more pollution
- higher crime rates
Why is famine and poverty such a problem in overpopulated countries?
- not enough food for everyone
- causes malnutrition
- causes a bad immune system
- causes diseases to spread faster
Why is housing such a problem in overpopulated countries?
- not enough liveable areas, causes slums
- causes disease to spread
- causes crime rate to be high
- causes high levels of unemployment
Why does global warming prove to be such an issue in overpopulated countries?
- high amounts of pollution due to busy cities
- causes global warming
- an example is London
Why is unemployment such an issue in overpopulated countries?
- more people than there are jobs
- more unemployment
- more tax money having to go towards benefits
- means higher taxes
In 1970, what was the medc population?
Approx 8 million