Flashcards in 5/206.12 CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATIONS AND INVESTIGATIVE PERSONNEL NOTIFICATIONS Deck (6)
When the crime involves a dignitary or politician what section needs to be notified?
The Criminal Intelligence Section lieutenant or designee will be notified.
True or false a Supervisor needs to respond to provide a briefing to Detectives during a major incident
True: But either provide the briefing to detectives or will designate an officer to provide the briefing to detectives.
What is F.I.T?
Force Investigation Team (FIT) they are responsible for cases in which there is death or critical bodily harm to a subject and there is police involvement. They also complete and thorough criminal investigation to ensure an effective prosecution is made possible against those who commit violent acts against LVMPD members.
What is C.I.R.T?
Critical Incident Review Team CIRT conducts a complete and thorough administrative investigation to identify policy and procedure shortcomings that, if not corrected, may lead to a similar outcome if the incident presents itself in the future.
When is FIT notified?
1. Officer involved shooting
2. In custody deaths
3. Attempt suicides at the LVMPD Detention facilities.
4. Deadly use of Force incidents.
5. Where LVMPD employees use force and someone is critically injured.
6. Any incident wherein the department member, during the course of official duties, is the victim of a violent crime and sustains critical injury.