writing stages Flashcards
what is scribbling?
- random marks
- may resemble drawings (large circular patterns)
- how they show their ideas
what is the letter like symbol stage?
- attempts to make some letters
- randomly placed throughout the page
what is the strings of letters stage?
- some actual letters
- understands the letter to sound relation
- tends to be capital letters
what is the consonants representing words stage?
- beginning to use words
- mix of upper and lower cased letters
- sentences tell their ideas
Outline the Initial medial and final sounds stage
- can spell some words right
- other words are spelt phonetically
- writing becomes readable
Describe the Transitional phrases stage
- writing is readable
- spelling becomes more conversational
What is the standard spelling stage?
- can spell most words correctly
- begins to understand compounds and compisition