ACT 5 Flashcards
‘SINCE HIS MAJESTY WENT INTO THE FIELD’
shows that Lady Macbeth relies on him, representing how the roles have reversed= weak
‘out damned spot! out i say!’
- blood is a motif of guilt
- hallucinating (thinks blood is on his hand)
‘the thane of Fife had a wife. where is she now?..
… what will these hands ne’er be clean?’
‘the thane of fife had a wife. where is she now?’
lady Macbeth is scared it could happen to her.
‘here’s the smell of the blood still: Arabia will not sweeten this little hand’
- sensory/ vivid experience level of guilt
- not even them can get rid of the smell
‘this disease is beyond my practice’
- for gone
- suggests even the doctor cant help her.
’ what’s done cannot be undone’
- scene twin with act 2 scene 2
- taking back what she has done.