Flashcards in Bio Stats Deck (5)
- new cases / people at risk
- existing cases / populatio
4x4: D H on top and E NE on side: AB
RR= A/A+B / C/ C+D or Rate among exp/RANE
OR= A/B / C/D
Rate among exposed - R among unexposed
- Sensitivity? Detects what? Effect of prev.?
- Specificity? Detects what? Effect of prev.?
- TP/TP+FN ; Disease when actually there
- TN/ TN+FP ; Absense of disease when not there
- PPV? Means? Increases with?
- NPV? Mean? Increases with?
- Increased spec does what?
- Increased sensitivity does what?
- What happens with rare disease?
- PPV: TP/TP+FP; + test actually has disease; high prevalence
- NPV: TN / TN+FN; - test are actually disease free; low prevalence
- Increases PPV
- Increases NPV
- More FP's than TP's