Bulk API Flashcards
What is the max number of records that can be processed by Batch Apex
How many GB of data can Bulk queries retrieved (and how are they divided up?)
Can retrieve up to 15GB of data, divided into 15 1GB files
In which scenario would Batch Apex not work well?
Anything Synchronous like a VF page that needs to query more than 50,000 records
What two operations does Bulk API support?
Query and queryAll
What does the QueryAll operation do?
- Returns records that have been deleted because of a merge or delete
- Returns information about archived Task and Event records
What time limit is there on executing bulk API queries, and what error is thrown?
2 minutes and it fails with QUERY_TIMEOUT
For Bulk API, what happens when the results exceeds a 1GB file size (or takes longer than 10 minutes?)
The completed results are cached and another attempt is made.
How many attempts are made for Bulk API when they timeout (or the file size is greater than 1GB), and what type of error is thrown
- After that it fails with Retried more than 15 times.
How long are Bulk API results stored?
Which API would be good to use when loading a few thousand to millions of records
On which principle is Bulk API based on?
What are the benefits for using Bulk API?
- Developed to simplify and optimize the process of loading or deleting large data sets
- Super-fast processing speeds
- Reduced client-side programmatic language
- Easy-to-monitor job status
- Automatic retry of failed records
- Support for parallel processing
- Minimal roundout trips to Force.com
- Minimal API calls
- Limited dropped connections
- Easy-to-tune batch size
What is the default chunk size for Bulk API?
100,000 record chunks by default
How can you configure the chunk size for Bulk API?
Use chunkSize header to configure smaller chunks or larger ones up to 250,000
What is the maximum chunk size for Bulk API?