Flashcards in Cardio Respiratory system Deck (13):
What is the vena cava?
The hearts main vein bringing deoxygenated blood to the heart
What's the right atrium?
Receives deoxygenated blood from vena cava
What's the triscupid valve?
To prevent blood backflow
What's the right ventricle?
- To receive deoxygenated blood from the right atrium
What's the the semi lunar valve?
- To prevent backflow
- Transfer deoxygenated blood from the right ventricle to lungs
What's the pulmonary artery?
- Hearts main artery
- Oxygenated blood from left ventricle to body
What's the pulmonary vein?
Carries oxygenated blood from the lungs to left atrium
What's the septum?
- Muscular wall
- Prevents oxygenated and deoxygenated blood from mixing
What happens if oxygenated and deoxygenated blood mixes?
Reduces blood concentration of oxygen
What's the aorta?
- Main vein
- Receives deoxygenated blood and gives it to right atrium
What's the left atrium?
- Upper chamber
- Receives oxygenated blood from pulmonary veins
What's the biscupid valve?
Prevents backflow of blood from pulmonary vein to left ventricle