Flashcards in Ch41 Resources Deck (47):
Addition to land by gradual water deposits
Acquiring title to land by occupying it for fixed period
One’s apparent title
Color of Title
Property acquired during marriage owned separately and equally by both spouses
An interest in land for nonexclusive or intermittent use
Interest in property
Largest, most complete right in property
Fee Simple Estate
Personal property so securely attached to real estate that it becomes part of the real estate.
Multiple ownership in which, at death of one, that share passes to remaining owners
Right to do certain acts on land
Estate for duration of a person’s life
Person owning property for a lifetime
Suit to divide joint tenancy
Land and permanent attachments to land
Interest in life estate that goes to someone other than grantor on death of life tenant
Interest of grantor in life estate that returns to grantor on death of life tenant
Automatic ownership of property by survivors
Right of Survivorship
Co–ownership by husband and wife with right of survivorship
Tenancy by the Entirety
Multiple ownership in which, at death, one owner’s share passes as will directs or to heirs.
Tenancy in Common
1. In the legal sense, vegetation is considered real property only.
2. In most states where navigable rivers form the boundary, the owner of the adjoining land owns the land only to the low-water mark.
3. All perennials growing on land are a part of the land until they are removed.
4. Co-ownership by husband and wife with rights of survivorship is called tenancy by the union.
5. Community property is property acquired during a marriage that is owned separately and equally by both spouses.
6. All states operate under community property laws.
7. If a nonnavigable river flows through property, a person who owns the property owns the riverbed but not the water that flows over the bed.
8. When more than one person owns land, each person has the right to use and possess it.
9. A ________ is multiple ownership in which, at death, one owner's share passes as a will directs or to the heirs.
tenancy in common
10. Automatic ownership of property by survivors is called ________.
right of survivorship
11. Interest of a grantor in a life estate that returns to the grantor upon the death of a life tenant is ________.
12. Acquiring title to land by occupying it for a fixed period of time is called ________.
13. Addition to land as a result of gradual water deposits is an ________.
CROSSWORD: This occurs when two or more people own property such that, at death, one owner's share passes as a will directs or to their heirs.
Tenancy in Common
CROSSWORD: Sometimes refrigerators are considered this in apartment rentals.
CROSSWORD: This is the nature and extent of interest that a person has in real or personal property.
CROSSWORD: Under tenancy by the entirety, if a spouse dies the property converts to the surviving spouse and the creditor cannot have a claim against the property unless the creditor has _______ spouses.
CROSSWORD: The original owner may no longer object to a trespass and the title to real property by occupying the land owned by another for a period fixed by statute.
CROSSWORD: This consists of land and all the permanent attachments to the land.
CROSSWORD: The addition to land as a result of the gradual deposit by water of solids.
CROSSWORD: The courts ruled in this court case that the strip of land was acquired by adverse possession.
CROSSWORD: This is when interest of grantor in life estate that returns to the grantor on the death of tenant.
CROSSWORD: This many states recognize a form of ownership called community property. (Spell out the number)
CROSSWORD: These three words pertain to the idea that the owner has the right to possess he property forever.
Fee Simple Estate
CROSSWORD: Interest in life estate that goes to someone other than the grantor on death of life tenant.
CROSSWORD: A joint tenancy can be destroyed by one joint tenant for a division of the property called a suit for ______________.
CROSSWORD: The right-of-way across another's land is called an ___________.