A problem has been detected in a HCI system. What are 5 different approaches to implement a solution to this problem?
1. Equipment design changes
> change physical equipment humans work with
2. Task design changes
> change what operators do
3. Environmental design changes
> change physical environment where task is carried out
> prepare the operator better
> select most suitable and skilled operator for the task
What can be defined as the goal of human factors?
Making the human interaction with systems one that enhances performance and increases safety, health, usability and user satisfaction.
What is the best way to demonstrate the value of human factor to management?
Performing a cost/benefit analysis.
In a FRONT END ANALYSIS:
What 4 questions should one be abled to answer before design solution are generated?
1. Who are the product/system users?
2. What are the major functions to be performed by the system (by person/machine)?
3. What are the environmental conditions under which the product/system will be used?
4. What are the users preferences/requirements for the product?