I think of Will. I blink Cabo fading away as the barren trees outside my window ___________
Swing into view
I pull at the shoulder of the vest so it doesn’t _____ my bony ________
Rub into; collarbone
I start to say, looking over at Barb and holding up my hand to pause the conversation as I cough up a _____ of mucus
WE fell silent except for the _____ of the machine, the vest vibrating away
I _____ his contact info and almost press the green call button on my phone
My eyes _______ the next morning and I look for what woke me, seein my phone vibrating bodily on the floor, having ______ off the table
Shoot open; free-fallen
I squint at the ______milkshake glasses and ______ of empty chocolate pudding cups taking up practically the entire space. No wonder the phone fell of.
If we are 60 percent water, I am _________ the remaining 40 percent being pudding`
Closing in on
I groan, reaching over the bed to grab my phone, my G-tube _____ with the stretch
I put a bigger ____ of the ointment on it, hoping that will clear it up,
I grin hitting the nurse-call button by my bed. Julie’s friendly voice ________ the speaker
The time on my lap read 9:0 am, and I pull the med cart closer, looking at the color-coded _______ I laid out yesterday.
His face appears on the screen as he puts his _______ glasses over his tired eyes.
You need a sahve, I say, ______ the unusal stubble covering his chin
You need a shave, I say, taking in the unusal ______ covering his chin
He chuckles, rubbing his ______ chin. You need new lungs. ______________
new lungs; Mic drop
How was the gig?
He shurgs. ____, you know
I nod, swallowing to confirm that the _____ in my thorat has started to subside
He gives me a ____ before the chat ends