Flashcards in Chapter 4- Skeletan Test Deck (20):
3. What bone is your forehead called?
4. What bone is to the lower left of the frontal bone?
6. What bone is to the right of your left femur?
18. What is the third lowest vertebrae called?
19. What is the second highest vertebrae called?
21. Are C1, cervical vertebrae, and your atlas all part of the top bone of your spine?
32. Where is compact bone located?
In the second layer of you bone
35. Is periosteum the outer layer of your bone?
38. Is your tarsal, calcaneus, bone of the gliding joint part of your heel bone?
46. What do ligaments do?
Attach bones to other bones.
57. Where can you find the periosteum?
On the outermost portion of your bones
58. Which term best characterizes cortical or compact bone?
63. What bones makeup the palm of the hand?
64. What are the ribs attached T11-T12 called?
66. What bone or bones help to make up the orbit?
Zygomatic, sphenoid, frontal
67. What bone is made up of four fused vertebrae?
68. What a part of the head does a frontal bone make up?
74. Name the type of joint that provides the greatest range of movement?
What bones make it up?
Ball and socket, scapula, clavicle, and humerous
76. Which joint is a pivot joint, which bones make up this?
Axis and atlas or c1 and c2