Flashcards in Test- Respiratory, Excretory Deck (8):
15. During gas exchange, which substance moves from the alveoli into the blood?
24. What organ helps produce a person’s voice?
The vocal cords
26. True or false
When the diaphragm contracts, air pressure in the chest increases.
29. In gas exchange, oxygen passes from the capillary into the blood.
F, Carbon Dioxside
33. After flowing through the nasal cavities, air enters the...., or throat.
35. The... or windpipe, leads from the pharynx toward the lungs.
43. What is urea? Is it removed from the kidney, the ureters, the urinary bladder, or the urethra?
Urea is a waste material that comes from the breakdowns proteins. It is removed from the blood from the kidney.