Flashcards in Class 4 & 5 Deck (4)
Cultural types by Lewis
- Linear-active: plan, schedule, organize, pursue action chains, do one thing at a time. eg. Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg.
- Multi-active: lively, talkative people who do many things at once, planning their priorities not according to a time schedule, but according to the relative thrill or importance. eg. Hispanic America, Peru.
- Reactive: prioritize courtesy/ manners, listen and react carefully to the other side's proposals. eg. Vietnam, China, Japan.
-The covering letter explains why you want the job.
- It should be specific to the job you are applying for, adapted to the target organization, and show that you know about its activities.
- It should highlight your skills and achievements, and show how your background, training, work experience and abilities relate to the job you are applying for.
- It should use formal language, and demonstrate that you have good written communication skills.
- Your CV should be totally honest; you should emphasize your strenghts, but not lie about your experience or skills. It should not say annything that contradicts what you have put on your facebook page or similar.
- Leave out irrelevant info, such as high, weigh, religion, etc.)
- Limit your CV to a maximum of two pages.
- Check for grammatical and spelling or typographical errors.