> Humphry Davy:
- exhibited Frankenstein's hubris, pride and desire to triumph over Nate and God, he believed that he had 'unparalleled powers' through science.
- created Galvinism, the process of sending an electrical current though a dead frog- this same process is used in Frankenstein
- the subject of reanimation clearly had an effect on Shelley, we know that she attempted to breathe life into her child who died in infancy.
> James Blundell
- performed the first blood transfusion, Shelley clearly engages in the dialectic of doubles, and one life being used to support another in Frankenstein
- which is felt poignantly in the idea that Frankenstein's mental and physical health decrease extremely after his creation is brought to life.