What are the symptoms of angina pectoris?
1. Temporary chest pain or sensation of pressure/tightness/heaviness/squeezing
2. May be substernal or retrosternal
3. Pain may radiate to inner part of arms
4. Visceral type of pain
5. Gradual onset and disappearance
What do you call shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing?
What do you call shortness of breath when a person is lying down flat?
T/F: A person with orthopnea feels relieved by sitting up
What disease is characterized by the sudden attack of dyspnea during sleep and is indicative of heart failure?
Paroxysmal Nocturnal Dyspnea (PND)
What is shortness of breath when a person is in an upright position?
What is dyspnea during exertion?
What are the cardinal symptoms of CV disease?
1. Chest Pain
3. Palpitation, Dizziness and Syncope
4. Cough and Hemoptysis
5. Fatigue and Weakness
6. Pain in Extremities with Exertion (Claudication)
In palpitation, the heart beat may exhibit the following characteristics:
What do you call loss of consciousness due to inadequate supply of oxygen to the brain?
What is hemoptysis?
Coughing up of bloody sputum from the airway
What are the signs of failure in the right side of the heart?
1. Peripheral edema
2. Neck pain
3. Liver enlargement
4. Ascites (retention of fluid in the abdomen)
Fill in with either "increased" or "decreased"
Atherosclerosis results from __ LDL, __ HDL, __ TAG and __ cholesterol.
What are the risk factors for atherosclerosis?
6. Fatty Liver