What are the two types of charges?
Static electricity and moving electricity- electric current
- can be used to do work
- appliances,ipads, lights, cooking, etc.
Sources of electrical energy
Electrochemical cell or battery
Converts chemical energy to electrical energy to be used for work
A bunch of electrochemical cells connected together
Electric potential energy
Electric energy that is stored in a battery
Law of the conservation of energy
- energy can’t be created or destroyed
- it can only be transformed from one form to another
What are the two types of energy?
Potential and kinetic
Electric potential difference
- amount of potential energy for each coulomb of charge
- potential differences comes from separation of charges
- also called voltage (V)
Two types of batteries
Dry cell and wet cell