Flashcards in engineering solutions Deck (2)
the engineering method
- Recognize and understand the problem.
- Accumulate data and verify accuracy.
- Select the appropriate theory or principle.
- Make necessary assumptions.
- Solve the problem.
- Verify and check results.
- Problem Statement – This is a summary of the given
information and an explanation of what needs to be
- Diagram – A sketch or diagram showing how things are
setup and containing given and needed information.
- Theory – Laws, relationships, and equations which will
govern the steps used to solve the problem.
- Assumptions – Information that provides a starting point
from which to solve or provides relationships that allow
you to eliminate unknowns.
- Solution Steps – The steps taken to obtain the solution.
- Identify Results & Verify Accuracy – Clearly identifying
the final result (boxing, double underline, highlighting,
etc.) and making sure that this solution makes sense and
has the correct units.