Flashcards in Entrepreneurs and Customer Service (Understanding Business) Deck (9)
what are the benefits of good customer service?
- Motivated and highly performing staff
- Customers return to the organisation
- Market share may increase
- Customers recommend the business to their friends
what are the effects of poor customer service?
- Demotivated staff due to complaints
- Dissatisfied customers dont return
- Dissatisfied customers dont recommend the business and may sway other potential customers
- May need to spend more money to change company image
name 3 ways in which a company can see how satisfied its customers are?
- Questions from staff
- Mystery shopper
- Consumer panel
- Customer questionnaires
- Comment cards
- Online surveys
why do people set up their own businesses?
- They want to be their own boss
- They may have been made redundant and are using their redundancy money to set up their own business
- They have an idea for a new Product or service
- they are trained or have skills in a certain job but cant find/get one so they make their own one
where do people get ideas for starting their own businesses?
- spotting a gap in the market
2. improving on an existing product
what is an Entrepreneur?
An entrepreneur is someone who has an idea or is willing to develop someone-else’s idea in order to produce a Good or a Service
What must an entrepreneur do to be successful?
- Take risks
- show initiative and make things happen
- Undertake new ventures
What Skills makes an entrepreneur successful?
- Communicate well with people
- Make good decisions
- Problem solving
- ICT skills
- Good at dealing with finances
What Qualities makes an entrepreneur successful?
- Problem Solver
- Good at coming up with ideas
- Risk Taker
- Self Confident