Flashcards in EXAM Deck (83)
any person visiting a country other than residence and remains there for less than 25 hours, all visitors may be excursionists
stay more than 24 hours other than usual residence all visitors are not tourists
nature based tourism
a broad term that covers all tourism experiences on wild or nature environments
offers cultural attractions, about a countries or regions culture, tourists emersed in local culture etc
tourism that usually takes place in wilderness environments. Often the natural environment is a venue or backdrop for adventure activities and the focus is on the activates rather than the environment
small groups of people or individuals traveling to places that aren’t popular tourist destinations
organized movement of large number of people to specialized locations
What are the two combination forms of ecotourism?
ACE and NEAT
*The opposite of the Dominant Western Environmental Paradigm is the _______ _________
* a soft ecotourist is likely to take a ____ trip
*ecotourism that fosters steady state sustainability is classified as _______
*The acronym ACE torusim refers to ?
Adventure, Culture, and ecotourism
* Soft ecotourists are typically _____ than hard ecotourists
* A hard ecotourists likely to make own travel arrangements (T/F)
*what are the three S's?
Sun Sea and Sand
*The green paradigm is associated with?
- cooperative structures
- Matriarchal and female
- humans and nature are equal
*From Rays 1996 study of consumers what percentage were cultural creatives or green consumers?
*Ecotourism that has an objective preserving the existing situation is called
Steady state sustaimability
* the acronym NEAT combines two fields
of nature based ecotourism and Adventure- based toruism
*Which of the following is least typical of hard ecotourists and what would be associated with them?
they wouldnt have onsite services but they would have a biocentric focus, challenging expierences, and personal contact with the nature
* Early division in the environmental movement was between the resource conservationists and resource _____________
*Which group is more likely to take an ecotourism trip
*ecotourism that promotes sustainable development is classified as _____ _____
* the savanna biome is described as large expanses of grasslands with small patches of trees and shrubs(T/F)
*Wilderness as defined by the wilderness Act is land that is to be managed more by a ________ approach
*Which of the following is a function of a protected area?
-recreation, preservation, conservation
* the term for the large exotic tourist attracting animals is _______ megafauna
* what is the acronym for the organization responsible for monitoring the trade of endangered species?
*The festival of birds draws many ecotourists to which national park?